Toockies Trivets set of 2
TheToockies trivets are a fantastic plastic-free alternative to the usual coaster, This is a classical and traditional design. By using the wave wash cloth you are supporting the Toockies fairtrade project and therefore Indian women.
Toockies Trivets a small one and a large
- Set of 2
- One large and one small
- Another plastic alternative
- GOTS certified organic cotton and plant fibres.
- The cloths are very durable and machine washable.
- Made of raw and untreated plant materials, and is therefore compostable and biodegradable
- These products are handmade under FAIRTRADE conditions near Kolkata in India. Each product has the name of the knitter attached
- All products are not tested on animals
- Size: APPROX
Lavinia are behind the Toockies project. They says the following. “All Toockies products are Fairtrade certified. When we purchase the cotton yarn from the mill in India, we receive a certificate with a Control Union stamp, the cotton is GOTS certified. Fairtrade. The women who participate in this project is taught how to knit at a local community centre, where a bathroom has been built just for them. The knitters take home a little roll of yarn, and once a week they drop off finished products, where a quality check is facilitated. There is a doctor present who are giving the knitters and their children a free check up.
Handmade in India by women in a fairtrade project, managed by a local NGO called “Promise Charitable Trust”
Please read more about the Toockies project in our series of getting to know our suppliers. Phenia has written a very interesting guest blog article for us which you can find here.