Toockies Wave Wash Cloth set of 3
TheToockies Wave wash cloth are a fantastic plastic-free alternative to the usual cloths They are also non abrasive and non scratching. By using the wave wash cloth you are supporting the Toockies fairtrade project and therefore Indian women.
Toockies Wave wash cloth
- Set of 3
- GOTS certified organic cotton and plant fibres.
- The cloths are very durable and machine washable.
- Plastic-free alternative.
- made of raw and untreated plant materials, and is therefore compostable and biodegradable
- These products are handmade under FAIRTRADE conditions near Kolkata in India. Each product has the name of the knitter attached
- All products are not tested on animals
- Size: APPROX
Lavinia, who is behind the Toockies project says the following. “All Toockies products are Fairtrade certified. When we purchase the cotton yarn from the mill in India, we receive a certificate with a Control Union stamp, the cotton is GOTS certified. Fairtrade. The women who participate in this project is taught how to knit at a local community centre, where a bathroom has been built just for them. The knitters take home a little roll of yarn, and once a week they drop off finished products, where a quality check is facilitated. There is a doctor present who are giving the knitters and their children a free check up.
Handmade in India by women in a fairtrade project, managed by a local NGO called “Promise Charitable Trust”
Please read more about the Toockies project in our series of getting to know our suppliers. Phenia has written a very interesting guest blog article for us which you can find here.